set bcolor to grey85?

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: set bcolor to grey85?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 22:47:34 -0500

My vile configs:

    https://pastebin.com/JwMtaXsn

My ~/.Xdefaults includes:

    XVile*foreground:       black
    XVile*background:       grey85

which works as intended in xvile: Black lettering on a light
background.

I used to have this set properly but lost track of the setting.
Attempting to set it in vile using fcolor & bcolor is not working.

e.g., in vile if I ":set fcolor black" or blue, red, green, they all
work: The foreground color changes. If I :set bcolor white" I
can set the screen annoyingly dark (vs. bright white).

Catch: ";set bcolor grey85" (or "gray85") gives me nada, it won't
take the argument. Similarly #f0f0f0 doesn't give me anything.

"strings /opt/bin/vile" shows me:

    black
    brightblue
    brightcyan
    brightgreen
    brightmagenta
    brightred
    brown
    lightgray
    yellow

but ":set bcolor lightgray" isn't accepted and checking strings
for "white" just gives me all the hardwired help messasges for
whitespace.

Q: What is the correct syntax for setting the background color
   in vile (not xvile, which works properly using Xdefaults and
   X11 color names) to the equivalent of grey85?

Q: Where is a list of the valid colors usable in vile

Thanks

--
Steven Lembark                                        3646 Flora Place
Workhorse Computing                                St. Louis, MO 63110