Re: [vile] Possible locations for vile.keywords

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] Possible locations for vile.keywords
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 15:32:07 +0100

On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 12:45:50PM +0100, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> Tracing the execution of opening a file in cmode via "vile @filters.rc
> foo.c" shows that the following files are attempted in order:
>
>   ./.vile.keywords
>   ~/.vile.keywords
>   ~/.vile/vile.keywords
>   /usr/share/vile/vile.keywords
>   ./.c.keywords
>   ~/.c.keywords
>   ~/.vile/c.keywords
>   /usr/share/vile/c.keywords
>
> so ~/.vile.keywords should work.  Does it not?

Yes, it does, I've just tried it.

It hadn't occurred to me before to handle vile.keywords this way, much
handier than the way I was doing it before.  It's the vile help file
that pushed me towards the way I was doing it.  It was the references
to COLORDIR that suggested that there might be a better way - and
there is.

Has the COLORDIR stuff been added to the help file fairly recently
(like in the last few years!)?

Thanks anyway, using ~/.vile.keywords is a much better way.

--
Chris Green