Re: [vile] On backspace (feature requests)

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [vile] On backspace (feature requests)
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 15:21:53 +0100

 |Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
 ||> Yes!  Oh i really did not know that, but vim documents it for
 ||> insert-mode.

 ||Oddly enough, the ^D and ^T used for this purpose aren't rebindable
 ||(unlike just about everything else).

I feel i have to add a comment regarding the current discussion on
oss-security@ and vim swap files.  Being able to specify a backup
(and swap) directory with vim is also something i be fond of,
because for one there is only one global umask, which is why
i have 0077, even though that i usually only want in $HOME and
$TMPDIR (on multiuser systems i have a private $TMPDIR, yet that
option is no longer used by default on at least OpenBSD), and then
of course i know where the stuff is, do "rm ~/traffic/*~ etc." on
Saturday and know i am done with it.  Also ~/traffic has 0700,
definitely.

Ciao,

--steffen