Re: [vile] On backspace (feature requests)

From: Fabien COUTANT
Subject: Re: [vile] On backspace (feature requests)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 17:14:01 +0100

[...]
> Is it possible that a backspace spaces back shiftwidth (or
> tabstop) characters in notabinsert mode, _if_ the cursor is
> positioned on a clean sw/ts position and preceeded by a sw/ts
> number of spaces (or multiple thereof)?  That would be great!

Hello

Do you mean in insert mode ? This *looks* like the behaviour of ^D (dedent,
while ^T is indent) which is vi's standard. I know BS may look practical
but it may just as well be bad habit given by vim, trying to be as
notepad-like editors.

You could remap backspace to ^D but you would loose (and miss) the standard
key.  Why not trying to get used back to the vi standard ?

--
Hope this helps,
Fabien.