Re: [vile] Note taking application, or personal Wiki that integrates wel

From: Brendan O'Dea
Subject: Re: [vile] Note taking application, or personal Wiki that integrates well with vile?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 11:18:56 +1100

On 15 October 2015 at 22:20, Chris Green <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just on the off chance does anyone here know of a personal wiki or
> note taking application that works well with vile?  I guess something
> that uses Emacs in server mode would work because one can similarly
> use vileserv/vileget.

Maybe ikiwiki?  https://ikiwiki.info/

It does have a traditional wiki where you can edit using a browser,
but the simplest use is just editing text files (markdown format and
committing them to some form of version control:

  https://ikiwiki.info/setup/#index4h2

vile is pretty good at editing text files :-)