[vile] Oddity after installing vile

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: [vile] Oddity after installing vile
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 07:50:03 -0500

Installed 9.8o (9.8p has issues w/ replace using '^').
Same way I've done this for over a decade:

    --prefix=/opt/vile/9.8o

then

    cd /opt/vile;
    rm *;
    ln -fs 9.8o/* .;

Exising symlinks to /opt/vile/bin/* in /opt/bin do the rest.

Group & mods of /opt/bin and /opt/vile are bin & 02775.

Now I get:

    --- .vilerc ------------------------------------- ...
    [Skipping '/opt/bin/vile' (insecure permissions)]
    [Reading /home/lembark/.vilerc]
    [Read 53 lines from "./.vilerc"]

Q: Is this becuase vile is checking the symlink rather than using
   readlink or because there is an issue now with running anything
   from a directory with group-write?

The latter would be a pain as I don't normally maintain the contents
of /opt as superuser (which is why the dir's are SGID in the first
place).

--
Steven Lembark                                             3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                   St Louis, MO 63110