Re: [vile] Some questions about the -k/-K options and encryption

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] Some questions about the -k/-K options and encryption
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:28:43 -0500

chris wrote:
 > On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 06:39:34PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
 > > On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:02:11PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
 > > > I am trying to make a few things slightly more secure on my system.

i'm sure you know this, but just in case...  if you're looking to do
anything more simple obfuscation of your content, you should be using
something much stronger than crypt.  gpg is a much better bet.  i
haven't used vile's gnugpg.rc macros in many years, but i assume
they're still functional/viable.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 10.6 degrees)