[vile] 9.8h bug(?) with creating multiple buffers

From: hymie
Subject: [vile] 9.8h bug(?) with creating multiple buffers
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:58:05 -0400

Greetings.

Not sure if this is a bug or just my misunderstanding.  But it's
easily reproducible.

In this directory, I have a large number of files with names like
001.html 002.html 003.html all the way up to, I think, 140.html

Anyway, I run vi with no arguments (it works the same if I start with
a file)
I have an empty unnamed buffer.
I type :e 00*
It asks me "Will create 9 buffers.  Okay [y/n]?
I type y and I'm now looking at 001.html
I finish doing whatever and I type :n to go to the next file.
Only it doesn't.  It stays on 001.html
I type :n a second time, and then it goes on to the next file 002.html.
After this, :n works normally.
I can go to the last file, type :rewind , and go back to my unnamed buffer,
and :n continues to work normally.
But that very first time after the :e, :n does *not* advance to the next
buffer.

And that makes me sad. :(

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden