[vile] visual-matches

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: [vile] visual-matches
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:50:09 -0400

I have a file that is only about 30k lines. The command 'g/pattern/d'
takes a very long time when visual-matches is enabled and is almost
instant when set to 'none'. I'm curious to what would cause this? Is the
match highlighter being executed after each line is remove when visual
matching is enabled? Is there a way to have the g/v and other commands
that modify text save, disable and re-enable visual matches so
that I don't have to remember to do it?

Thanks,
Wayne