Re: [vile] re-reading a tags file

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: Re: [vile] re-reading a tags file
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:04:27 -0400

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 04:22:34AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:02:16PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> > Is there a way to have vile automatically re-read a tags file if it's
> > been updated, for instance if the time on the file has changed?
>
> see check-modtime
>
> --
> Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
> http://invisible-island.net
> ftp://invisible-island.net

In general I prefer to run with this setting turned off because I
frequently view log files that are being written so. So I enabled
check-modtime only for tagsmode files in my vilerc.

The problem is that during development I may (re)generate the tags file
several times. It seems that in order for check-modtime to have effect
I need to switch to the tags buffer, then I'm prompted to reload it.

I think I'm looking for a more convenient solution where each time I
attempt to jump to a tag the modtime on the tags file is checked and
it's silently reloaded in the background.

Does such a feature exist?

Thanks,
Wayne