Re: [vile] searching for register contents

From: Brendan O'Dea
Subject: Re: [vile] searching for register contents
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:43:41 +1000

On 28 June 2013 19:17, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> But wouldn't that require adding a prefix for "all" commands?  [...]

The way use-register (usekreg) works is to set up the register then
parse the next command and run it before returning, so it is
effectively a prefix for *all* commands.  Note that this patch does
actually work as-is, although it could of course be better documented
and I didn't exhaustively test it.

Note also that I've no particular horse in this race: I was more
curious to see how hard it would be to handle the OP's requirement
(and to avoid the Real Work I was *meant* to be doing at the time)
rather than having a burning desire to see it implemented this
specific way tomorrow.

--bod