Re: [vile] Can one get a list of [single character] commands easily?

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] Can one get a list of [single character] commands easily?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 10:04:06 -0400

chris wrote:
 > Is it possible to get a list of all the single character commands
 > available in vile?  I want to see what 'spare' ones there are, or
 > possibly ones I can re-assign.

it's probably not quite the format you're imagining, but:
    :describe-cmdmode-bindings
gives a complete list of all command bindings.

to change that into a list, copy that into a writeable buffer, then:

 - get just the commands, and not the descriptions:
    :v/^"/d

 - delete all lines that end in a <tab> to remove lines that don't have
   single-character bindings:
    :g/^V^I$/d

 - remove the named bindings:

 - convert all remaining whitespace to newlines:
    1G
    !Gsed -e 's/\s\+/\n/g'
   [ can this be done within vile? ]

 - then make a nice list: