Re: [vile] Go Majormode

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Go Majormode
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:21:59 -0500

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 09:55:46AM +1100, Matthew White wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is anyone out there working on a Majormode for the Go language?

not I (I'd only recently noticed it being discussed).

Taking a look at http://golang.org/doc/go_spec.html
I see that its syntax is like Java (in turn like C).
A usable syntax filter could be made using the C filter
and some appropriate keywords.

There's some (like Java) outside C, e.g., the unicode escapes
and some different numeric types (such as imaginary literals).
Those will require some work, but not a lot...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net