Re: [vile] Unfamiliar scroll bar operation in Ubuntu build of xvile - ho

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Unfamiliar scroll bar operation in Ubuntu build of xvile - how to use it?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 05:05:17 -0500

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 02:04:25PM +1100, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> On 24 December 2011 08:49, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> > hmm. ?I hadn't noticed. ?The Debian package is probably built using the
> > default
> > Xaw scrollbars (though in my non-package builds I've been using Kevin's
> > improvement, which may be relevant).
>
> The Debian package (which presumably the Ubuntu package is derived
> from) specifies only --with-screen=Xaw and not --with-Xaw-scrollbars,
> so gets OPT_KEV_SCROLLBARS is set.  I'm not entirely sure how Kevin's
> scrollbar differs from default Xaw one, but it appears to operate in
> pretty much the same way.

agreed (I was thinking aloud).  I read through x11.c, and didn't
see any button-specific code for the scrollbars.  Kevin's improvements
have something to do with the way dragging/scrolling is done, but
the documentation at hand isn't clear (perhaps I have some email
that clarifies the nature of the improvement).

By the way, I ran into a regression from one of the changes that I
made in 9.8f - there's a patch in ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/

(at the moment I'm trying to close out a set of changes for xterm).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net