Re: [vile] Debian package?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Debian package?
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 07:41:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011, Brendan O'Dea wrote:

On 22 May 2011 10:08, Brendan O'Dea <address@hidden> wrote:
I think that it just needs to be re-tried on those platforms.

It was retried, and failed again on both.

 https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=vile

same point: timed out in "checking for ANSI C header files".  Is there
anything unusual in your autoconf?

not that comes to mind.  The individual macros change periodically,
but the autoconf itself is pretty stable - there's a changelog for
each on my webpage -

http://invisible-island.net/autoconf/autoconf-252/ChangeLog
http://invisible-island.net/autoconf/my-autoconf/CHANGES

(the latter is the collection of macros, which I see that I last updated in vile in November - I upload a new collection periodically, so it's possible that from time to time it would be older than some given program, though in this case it's much newer than vile)

A copy of the config.log for that build might be helpful, e.g., in case there's some error reported in the logfile.

The problem might be related to some ongoing bugs in binutils which I recall seeing discussed with respect to ncurses.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net