Re: [vile] Debian package?

From: Brendan O'Dea
Subject: Re: [vile] Debian package?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 09:45:46 +1000

On 22 May 2011 00:59, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I noticed in the past week or so that there's no workable package in
> Debian/testing (seems that the perl update from 5.10 to 5.12 broke things).
>  I worked around that by rebuilding the packages.

There is a transition to 5.12 in progress, and the autobuilders have
been poked to rebuild all dependent packages.  There was a note to
debian-devel-announce which said not to upload new versions of
packages in order to allow perl 5.12 to get into testing.

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/05/msg00004.html

> Looking at the current bug reports in Debian -
>
> There's some build-breakage on armel and s390 (in the configure script -
> neither seems something that I could fix here...)

I missed that bug.  Should flip maintainer/uploader on the next
package upload, as I didn't see the mail.

Given that this is a binary NMU, with no source changes and the vile
configure script is not particularly extraordinary, I'm guessing that
this is an issue with those build daemons.  Could be related to the
switch in eglibc versions.

I'll follow it up.