[vile] Wierd character problem in xvile, > doesn't work

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] Wierd character problem in xvile, > doesn't work
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:14:40 +0100

This *has* to be something very stupid but I can't fathom it out at
the moment.

I'm running [x]vile 9.8 on xubuntu 10.04, all works well except that
the > key doesn't work in xvile.  On my keyboard > is a shifted .
(full-stop to me, period to you).

In vile the > key works fine (otherwise I'd have problems entering it
here) so I don't think it's my .vilerc set-up.

I first noticed this when >> for indent didn't work (works in vile)
but I can't enter a > character either.

I can paste > into xvile.  It's as if xvile is running some key
mapping software somehow.

Help, I want my > back!   :-)

--
Chris Green