Re: [vile] memory usage

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [vile] memory usage
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:30:29 -0400

thomas wrote:
 > something like 40 bytes iirc).  Besides highlighting, the visual-matches
 > feature is a performance hit.  Both of those apply lots of markup to the
 > file.
 >
 > One of the things that I have in mind to work on (when 9.8's out) is
 > to improve performance of the highlighting by reducing the amount of the
 > file processed when highlighting it...

maybe a threshold above which highlighting and visual matches are simply
disabled would be useful?  i know that when i'm editing a file that's
very big, it's usually a log, or debug trace, and there's usually no
point in vile trying to color it in any case.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 71.2 degrees)