Re: [vile] vile-9.7zc.patch.gz

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7zc.patch.gz
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 06:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Brendan O'Dea wrote:

On 6 April 2010 11:18, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
?ftp://invisible-island.net/vile/patches/vile-9.7zc.patch.gz
? ? ? ?+ add configure check for rpath linkage options, use this for libraries
? ? ? ? ?in unusual places.

It would be very useful to have this optional, since Debian policy
forbids setting rpath.  Any chance of applying a patch similar to the
attached?

sure - though since Debian policy also puts everything in /usr, I'm curious where I might be picking up an rpath for this case. (The immediate motivation was for FreeBSD and NetBSD).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net