Re: [vile] Cannot ':q"uit out of Windows7

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Cannot ':q"uit out of Windows7
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:05:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Stefan Caunter wrote:

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Stefan Caunter wrote:

Hello, I find I cannot do :q commands in vile on win7.

:w writes a file, but :wq just hangs, as does :wq

does :wq! work?

Same result, cmd.exe, local administrator, windows7 (32 bit). It runs
fine on Server2008.

I'll take a look to see if I can reproduce it (windows7 64-bit).
I had in mind to set it up as a development box over the next month...

hmm - I assume you're talking about vile 9.7 (from my homepage).
For windows7 64-bit, I don't get any hanging if I close the command-window.

Is there some special feature that I could investigate (initialization, etc)? Otherwise, it seems that it might be specific to the 32-bit flavor.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net