Re: [vile] Vile 9.7s hangs saying 'working'

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Vile 9.7s hangs saying 'working'
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 10:10:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Chris G wrote:

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 07:46:53AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Chris G wrote:

I have just upgraded my desktop from xubuntu 9.04 to 9.10, this takes
vile from version 9.6m to version 9.7s.

Now I'm frequently seeing vile hang when editing E-Mail in mutt, the
mutt command typically being something like:-

  vile +set wrapwords fillcol=70 /tmp/mutt-chris-1000-8639-28

Is this something that has been fixed in later versions?

I think so - the last fix I made (for 9.7x) got some positive feedback.

OK, have some more positive feedback, 9.7x has definitely fixed the
hang for me too.

I have some other problems though!  See separate threads.

I only see this thread (are you referring to another list?)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net