Re: [vile] online help-file

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] online help-file
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 04:10:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Paul Fox wrote:

thomas wrote:

> I'm considering moving vile.hlp to html (and generating the vile.hlp
> file used within the editor from that).  Here's a very first try at
> converting it (no hyperlinks yet):
>
> http://invisible-island.net/vile/vile-hlp.html

good idea.

clearly the html version needs a table of contents.  i think it would
be good for the text version too, since at least one could search for
the strings one finds there.

agreed.  Though (looking for feedback), it seems that if the contents is
at the beginning, it can take a lot of space and make it hard to start,
though on the other hand if it's at the end, it's less accessible).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net