Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:22:12 -0400

On Wed, 27 May 2009 13:13:46 +0200
Paul van Tilburg <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 07:05:29AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > I'll also check and see if there's some reliable indication that
> > the privacy groups are setup.
>
> I've just noticed the following in my .zshrc:
>
> [[ $UID > 0 && $UID == $GID ]] && umask 002 || umask 022
>
> Don't know how reliable this is, I think I stole^wcopied this
> from an example configuration back in the days.

Decent approach, until you have a "bin" group
that maintains the installed packages and end
up editing one of them as su.

If the dir mods and ownerships are reasonable,
the 022 umask won't really hurt anything unless
you really need a hardend system.

--
Steven Lembark                                            85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                                 Woodhaven, NY, 11421