[vile] local .vilerc handling

From: Paul Fox
Subject: [vile] local .vilerc handling
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:17:32 -0400

i haven't tried this in a long time, and maybe i'm just botching
it, but tracing and stracing make me suspicious:

i have a particular directory of code where i need c-tabstop set
to '4'.  so i created a local .vilerc file:
    source /home/pgf/.vilerc
    set c-tabstop 4

but this local file isn't being read.  strace shows me a call to
access() which shows it exists, but it's never opened.  the only
file read is $HOME/.vilerc (which happens with or without the
local file).

does this work for others?  am i misremembering how this
should/could work?

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 65.1 degrees)