Re: [vile] Accented (and other extended) characters lost when pasting in

From: Paul van Tilburg
Subject: Re: [vile] Accented (and other extended) characters lost when pasting into vile, OK otherwise.
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:01:26 +0100

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 04:47:45PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 08:33:11AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > With xvile, there's a bug-fix that comes to mind.  My 9.6m changes
> > introduced an error in this area, which is fixed in 9.7c:
> >
> >  20080727 (c)
> >         + fix initialization of XIM in xvile; compose sequences did not
> > work.
> >           Also make xvile build XIM code for configurations other than
> > Athena,
> >           by supplying fallback for resource definitions.
> >           (report/analysis by Fabien Coutant).
> >
> > (UTF-8 multibyte stuff is for this purpose a "compose sequence")
> >
> OK, thanks, I'll upgrade when I can and see if it fixes the problem.

I'm so sorry.  I am maintaining vile for Debian (and implicitly)
for Ubuntu and I haven't gotten around to updating it to more
current upstream the past few weeks (months?).  I will create
a new package soon!

I am also struggling with the release system, since I accidently created
an upgrade path from 9.6-k1 to 9.6m-1.  While this may seem correct, the
'm' is a upstream-side thing not a Debian thing, the patching was done
in Debian space.  So I'd like to continue doing this, now that I have
made this mistake but I was wondering if Vile could be released as new
upstream tarball next to the patch, so that I can tear down this
"Debian-space patching".

I am done rambling now, thanks for your attention.

Paul

--
PhD Student @ Eindhoven                     | email: address@hidden
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: address@hidden