[vile] Invoking vile on non-existent files

From: Decklin Foster
Subject: [vile] Invoking vile on non-existent files
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:53:41 -0400

I just noticed something odd:

$ mkdir foo bar
$ vile foo/file bar/file

vile comes up with one buffer, named file, for ./bar/file. This only
happens if the not-yet-created files have the same name. I can also
reproduce this behavior by starting vile and then loading foo/file and
bar/file with :e (the first buffer gets obliterated).

Seems like the code to find a file and put it in a buffer falls back to
matching on the basename for some reason if the files don't exist and
they haven't been modified yet. I'm not sure why from looking at it,
though.

--
things change.
address@hidden