Re: [vile] Error finding

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Error finding
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:06:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Paul van Tilburg wrote:

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:33:14AM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
paul van tilburg wrote:
> Also, when I save, the LaTeX file is recompiled, the .err file is
> replaced but vile doesn't notice that.  I can switch to it, answer yes
> to the reload?  question, switch back and then use ^X-^X again.  Is
> there any way to automate this in the sense that..  where should I hook
> that up?

i sort of missed the beginning of this thread -- i guess the
compilation step isn't being done as a result of a command you
run explicitly?  [...]

Indeed, it is not.  It is compiled when the main file or any of its includes
is change (i.e. saved in vile).   So maybe I need to make a
of a macro simulating the behaviour of ^X-^X that also "reloads" the
Error Buffer.

^X-^X (find-next-error) comes after compile-error-expressions or error-buffer

From what Paul suggested, I have in mind something that would bypass
the prompt for reload, e.g., by using pipe-command (though re-running
that would need a ":e!" (also presents a prompt).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net