Re: [vile] strange 9.7 vile behavior under FreeBSD

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] strange 9.7 vile behavior under FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:03:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:06:44 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
Configuring --with-trace would at least get something that you can
see keystrokes in.  For debugging, I'd added some trace in eightbit.c

If it's not due to some setting in your .vilerc, then the "Trace.out"
is much smaller when running from a stub-sized .vilerc

I forgot to mention that I moved .vilerc away to check for problems there.

I'll think about turning on trace, although I'm satisfied with my
work around.

I assume you're seeing this with a recent FreeBSD though - I've got
a FreeBSD 6.0 for local testing.

Yes, I'm running 8-current.  As a committer I have to "eat our own
dogfood", as the saying goes.

I'm aware that there are ongoing changes in locale - but am assuming
it's my own bug.  I did fix a few months ago some bug that I vaguely
recall did the same thing (broke input).  Perhaps it's the same thing
(I don't recall the precise cause, but may find a note in my rcs logs).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net