[vile] Real bug in insert mode - gets stuck in "working..."

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] Real bug in insert mode - gets stuck in "working..."
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:07:51 +0100

I have had this happen to me a few times over the years of using vile
but always put it down to finger trouble (i.e. invalid input) because
it was never repeatable.

I have finally got a repeatable case, I'll describe the symptoms first
and then try and produce a simple file to demonstrate the problem,
I've got it sat in another window in front of me at the moment.

It occurs when you are in insert mode in a long[ish] line where there
is text scrolling to the right off screen as you insert.  It works
quite happily until you happen to insert an 'i', vile then locks up
with "working..." and "...working" alternating in the bottom right on
the status line.

The only way out appears to be to kill vile.

I'll post the test case separately.

--
Chris Green