Re: [vile] Possible bug in vile-perl-filter

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Possible bug in vile-perl-filter
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:43:34 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Steven Lembark wrote:

Looking at the screen in 9.6d, using the stock
vile perl filter:

   $DB::single = 1;

the "$DB" appears in 'variable' color but the
'::single' portion of the variable name is
black (text). This may just be a matter of
adding ':' to the regex in flex for variable
tokens.

something like that (remember that the perl filter is written in C, since
it's easier to handle obscure state transitions in a few lines of code).

In either case, the filter's just seeing "$DB" as a variable.  When I
last thought about it, the problem in my mind was whether I wanted to
maintain a namespace for the class members (perhaps not), or whether to
simply color all class members as variables.  But I hadn't considered
the "::" to be a regular part of the name.  Perhaps it should be, though
I'd think it would detract from readability...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net