[vile] Problem with VILE_LIBDIR_PATH

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] Problem with VILE_LIBDIR_PATH
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:29:14 +0000

I have another quirk/problem with this migration from FreeBSD to
Linux.

I had built my own version of vile on the FreeBSD system so the vile
filters etc. are in $HOME/share/vile and as vile was configured with
--prefix=$HOME it all worked OK.

The new Linux box has vile built by the sysop so it's filters etc. are
in /usr/local/bin/share/vile.

I want my own copy of vile.keywords and corresponding colours to be
used so I set VILE_LIBDIR_PATH to point to $HOME/share/vile but this
doesn't seem to work properly.

Without setting VILE_LIBDIR_PATH I get the vile default colours (which
are a disater on a white background).  When I set VILE_LIBDIR_PATH I
just get no colours at all.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Chris Green