Re: [vile] How to stop vile thinking .ini files are CRLF terminated?

From: Chris G
Subject: Re: [vile] How to stop vile thinking .ini files are CRLF terminated?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:14:20 +0100

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:15:48AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Chris G wrote:
>
>> The subject line says it all really.
>>
>> I have a few files called xxxxxx.ini which vile assumes are CRLF
>> terminated when they're not.
>>
>> One in particular, .ccm.ini, which is the Continuus CM system
>> configuration gets totally broken if you edit it with vile and get
>> CRLFs added.
>>
>> So how do I tell vile not to add CRLFs?
>
> It's coming from the majomode definition for "inimode", which assumes that
> means the same as Windows ".ini" files.  You can override that by doing
>
> define-submode ini nodos
>
> e.g., in your .vilerc

I thought it must be Windows .ini files being assumed.

However adding "define-submode ini nodos" to my .vilerc doesn't help,
I still get [inimode crlf] at the bottom.  I've also tried saying
"define-submode ini nodos" at the command prompt and that does nothing
either.

I can turn the added CRs off by saying "set-unix-mode" at the : prompt,
that's better than nothing.

--
Chris Green