[vile] Re: xvile's middle button paste moves cursor to the right

From: Eric Krohn
Subject: [vile] Re: xvile's middle button paste moves cursor to the right
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:34:01 -0700

Tom,

Thanks for your digging.  I would agree that moving the cursor right one
place is appropriate behavior for pastes that do not end with a newline, so
that subsequent pastes "do the right thing".

However, when the paste selection ends in a newline, that cursor
adjustment means that subsequent pastes no longer "do the right thing"!
I'd guess I do newline terminated pastes about 10x as often as non-newline
terminated pastes, which is why I find the current behavior irritating.

It sounds like the cursor adjustment should be conditional on the last
character being newline or not.

--
Eric Krohn