Re: [vile] I can't get 'fillcol' to work

From: cl
Subject: Re: [vile] I can't get 'fillcol' to work
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:38:56 +0000

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 04:33:52PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, address@hidden wrote:

> >>fillcol is mostly used when you're doing a :format-til
> >>
> >>It also (if you set wrapwords) acts like wrapmargin, forcing new text to
> >>wrap as it's inserted.  It's been a while since I thought about wrapwords,
> >>but a quick check seems to show it's still working.
> >>
> >Ah, so you're saying that I need to set wrapwords as well as fillcol?
>
> yes - it's defaulted to nowrapwords.  Setting wrapwords would make fillcol
> act more like wrapmargin, e.g., make vile wrap words as they approach the
> margin.

OK, thanks, I have basically what I want now.  Is setting fillcol and
wrapwords the simplest way to get get a 'fixed' text width in varying
window widths?  I run mutt via ssh from various different places and
from home I'm using a >80 column window whereas from work I use an 80
column window.

--
Chris Green (address@hidden)