Re: [vile] Wrong background colour in vile

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Wrong background colour in vile
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:57:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, address@hidden wrote:

I'm using vile on a new (to me) Linux shell service via an ssh
connection in an rxvt window.

After setting the vile.keywords file correctly I now get the colours I
expect but all of the background is set black rather than being
unchanged (pale grey).  How do I tell vile (or the terminal) not to
change the background colour when the foreground colour is changed?

It sounds as if the terminfo ($TERM) that you're using doesn't have the features that vile is looking for to implement "default" color. That
would be (using infocmp to look) something like

        op=\E[39;49m,

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net