Re: [vile] less than optimal warning from macro parser

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] less than optimal warning from macro parser
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 07:38:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Clark Morgan wrote:

1) invoke vile
2) :source the attached file (kk.txt)
3) vile complains:

   [while with no matching endwhile in 'kk.txt']

There's obviously no ~while in that macro.  I stumbled across this today
while debugging a looping macro.  During the course of a debugging
session, I removed an enclosing pair of ~while/~endwhile statements.

thanks - sounds as if it's looking for the ~while to ~break from,
and not noticing that the ~while also is missing.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net