Re: [vile] writing an empty file with nonewline

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] writing an empty file with nonewline
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Brendan O'Dea wrote:

There seems to be a problem when writing out an empty file when
nonewline is set (see http://bugs.debian.org/368007).
Not sure exactly where the root of the problem lies; setup_file_region()
seems to copy that -1 value from bp->b_bytecount, which should similarly
be unsigned.

The problem is in bsizes(), has been there since I changed B_COUNT to an unsigned a year ago (21 May 2005). Here's a paste from the fix I just
checked in:

Here's an interim patch:

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/vile-9.5h2.patch.gz

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net