viewmail-info

Re: Problem if "vm-summary-arrow" is not a 2-character-long string

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: Problem if "vm-summary-arrow" is not a 2-character-long string
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:33:38 +0100

alain.cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> It seems like VM tries to reintroduce a 2-character-long string.  For
> example if I use 4 characters, it becomes like this:
>
>      73       Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr  Mon 11 Oct 2021 18:40  test png
>    74  D R  Amelie                    Mon 11 Oct 2021 19:11  Re: petit
>
> NB: using vm-undelete-message does remove the 'D', but does not
> "unmess" the summary.

Yes, I recall that there was some fontification code contributed by one of
our users that assumed a fixed length.

I might have fixed it in the Launchpad version, which is pretty much the
standard version now, even though it hasn't gone through a release.

  http://launchpad.net/vm

Please try it and let me know if you still get the problem.

Cheers,
Uday