viewmail-info

Re: [VM] VM-Pcrisis and smtp servers

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [VM] VM-Pcrisis and smtp servers
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 21:15:20 +0200

> I am wondering if anybody has figured out how to program VM-Pcrisis
> (VMPC) to set smtp servers based on the message being composed?

> I know that Rob F used to recommend using esmtpmail.el for this
> purpose. But it seems that VMPC ought to be able to do it.

One possible solution is to customise send-mail-function to point to
message-multi-smtp-send-mail.

Then add a line like following line to each entry in vmpc-actions:

    (vmpc-substitute-header "X-Message-SMTP-Method"
                            "smtp mail.example.com 587 mylogin")

message-multi-smtp-send-mail will evaluate that header line and
redirect the message to the appropriate SMTP server.

Of course, this isn't a standalone solution either, but relies on
message.el from Gnus.

Ulrich