viewmail-info

[VM] VM and message-mode

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [VM] VM and message-mode
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

I note that the VM manual states that it uses mail-mode, rather than
message-mode for composing email.

I'm using Emacs 24, where message mode is the default, which means that a rash
keystroke can send me into message-mode, and message mode is better supported
than mail-mode.

I was thinking of trying to use message-mode with VM, but if that's A Bad Idea,
please let me know.  OTOH, if it is not ABI, any suggestions for how to use
message mode would be appreciated. I would undertake to write up such
suggestions for the VM manual.

cheers,