vgabios-developers

[Vgabios-developers] Protected Mode Entry Point

From: Toaster Burger
Subject: [Vgabios-developers] Protected Mode Entry Point
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:54:13 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am known as toaster burger and I am a OS developer.
I am writting on an Operating System, the ToasterOS. ( www.ToasterOS.at.tt )

It uses the VBE Protected Mode Entry Point.
I am emulating my OS with bochs under Windows, and I have noticed the VGA
BIOS doesn't support the PM Entry Point.

And here my question:
Does (and when if so) the LGPL'd VGABIOS ever support the Protected Mode
Entry Point?
For specifiaction see the vbe3 document, available on http://www.vesa.org .

It's a pitty your vga bios doesn't support this feature :(

greetings,

Toaster Burger

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!