users-prolog

Re: Where can I get the "ISO Standard for Prolog"?

From: Jeff Schultz
Subject: Re: Where can I get the "ISO Standard for Prolog"?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:23:40 +1000

> > Is it a set of documents?

> I wasn't able to find a copy of the standard in electronic form. I

ANSI's store seems to be the best and cheapest place for electronic copies.
The standard is in two parts:

    INCITS/ISO/IEC 13211-1-1995

    Information Technology - Prolog Language Part 1: General Core

http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS%2FISO%2FIEC+13211%2D1%2D1995

and

    INCITS/ISO/IEC 13211-2-2000

    Information Technology - Programming Languages - Prolog - Part 2: Modules
    (formerly ANSI/ISO/IEC 13211-2-2000)

http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS%2FISO%2FIEC+13211%2D2%2D2000

The order form's a bit picky about the syntax of some fields.

BTW, there are a lot of areas where the standard diverges strongly
from the practice it was to standardize.  And quite a few omissions.

> Is anybody fixing the standard (e.g. adding term_expansion and DCG)?

Doubt it.

    Jeff Schultz