users-prolog

Trying to add facts during runtime in VC++

From: Joseph N. Fiore
Subject: Trying to add facts during runtime in VC++
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:30:47 -0500

I'm trying to programmatically add facts from my MSVC++ program but
don't even know where to start!

My example .pl file the classic "new_main.pl" (with the parents and
"anc").
I create new_main.obj using:  gplc.exe -v -c -o new_main.obj new_main.pl

It links into the project and I can query like a champ. (see list
message: Trying to make a generic VC++ function...)

Now.  While the C program is running, it learns from an outside source,
that John has a son named Joe.  How do I tell GNU-Prolog from the C
program, the new fact?  parent(john,joe).

Searching the source files, there doesn't seem to be any function call
like Pl_Add_Fact.  Are there any other places I can find examples of C
source code calling GNU-Prolog.  I've been up and down the mail-list
archives.

Thanks for any links and/or pointers and, as always, sorry for not
knowing the terminology.
  --Joe