users-prolog

multithreading

From: Mihir Malviya
Subject: multithreading
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:10:16 +0530

Hi,
    Is the gprolog interface thread-safe? I seem to be having problems trying to use it with the pthread library on Linux. I'm using gprolog-1.2.1 on a Linux box. The particular problem that I face is that if I call Start_Prolog() in one thread and the other calls in a second thread , the program gives a segmentation violation.
The second problem that I face is that if I call Start_Prolog() , Stop_Prolog() in a loop , the program dumps after 128 cycles...... , the problem aggravates in later releases with the present gprolog-1.2.8 running only for 28 cycles.   Is there a memory leak ?
Regards,
Mihir.