uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] (no subject)

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Uisp-dev] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:25:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

Sorry for the cross post for those on more than one of these lists.

I've been putting off sending this message for a few weeks now, so I
might as well get it over with now.

For most of the last year, my head has been pretty much broken. Since I
can't simply replace the CPU, I am trying to rewire it. The rewiring
process is taking a lot of time and energy, and is a long term, high
priority project for me.

The fact that I've been feeling a lot of stress and guilt about my
involvement in all these AVR projects doesn't seem to be helping
matters. As such, I need to step away from these projects. Before I can
step away, I want to make sure that all the projects are covered by
other volunteers. To that end, here is what I do that needs to be
handled by someone else.

simulavr:
  I'm not involved with this project anymore and it looks like
  Klaus and Bill have it covered.

avrdude:
  This is Brian Dean's project and I think it is pretty well covered. I
  just need to be removed as admin/developer and need removed as the
  mailing list admin. I was only really rolling the release tarballs for
  this project anyways.

uisp:
  Need new mailing list admin.
  Need new project admin (Marek is marked as admin, but hasn't been
  involved in a long time). Really just need someone who cares about
  this project continuing to step up and take it over.
  I need removed as developer and admin by the new admin.

avr-libc:
  Need new mailing list admin.
  Need new release manager (Joerg?).
  Joerg and Marek are both project admins, so the project is in good
  hands.
  I need removed as admin/developer of the project.

avarice:
  Need new mailing list admin.
  Need new project admin. Scott Finneran is no longer active in the
  project and David Gay doesn't have the time or interest to be admin.
  I would really like to keep working on this project to get the mkII
  support going, but I just don't see that as being realistic.

gdb (avr port):
  This one is the most difficult since I can't just give someone access.
  A new maintainer would need to get Copyright assignment on file with
  the FSF and get a gdb admin to get a cvs account setup. I'm kinda
  stuck with this project for a while I guess.

So, if anyone is interested in helping out a little with these projects,
contact me or send an email to the repective mailing list.

I'm going to drop off the mailing lists as things get handled or by Dec
19, whichever comes fist.

Finally, I would like to thank all the great people in the open source
AVR community. There's an incredible depth of knowledge and talent
involved with these mailing lists and projects. I know I've learned a
great deal from many of you.

Thanks to all.

---
Ted Roth