uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] The many cables

From: Margarita Manterola
Subject: [Uisp-dev] The many cables
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:50:30 -0300

Hi!

I've been giving some thought to the many cables problem.

Could we have the description of each cable stored in a file, and read
the values into variables from that file, according to the type of
cable selected?

The file would have to store the usual pins, if they are inverted or
not, and if there's any special behaviour going on.

It's quite easy to know if a pin is control, status or data.  We don't
need to have the long case that does always the same, just a case for
the type of pin... For example:

void
TDAPA::OutReset(int b)
{
(...)
  switch (rst_type)
  {
  case CONTROL:
    if (b) par_ctrl |= rst_pin; else par_ctrl &= ~rst_pin;
    ParportWriteCtrl();
    break;

  case DATA:
    if (b) par_data |= rst_pin; else par_data &= ~rst_pin;
    ParportWriteData();
    break;
  }
(...)
}

This is just for parallel, something like that could be done for serial as well.

What do you think?

--
Besos,
Marga