uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] Programming with a DASA-cable

From: Alexander Wieder
Subject: [Uisp-dev] Programming with a DASA-cable
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:37:41 +0200

Hi!

I tried to program an ATmega16 with the DASA-cable as described in the
manpage with:

address@hidden:~$ uisp -dprog=dasa -dserial=/dev/ttyS1 -v=4
-dpart=ATmega16

I get the following error:
/dev/parport0: No such file or directory
Failed to open ppdev.

After googling, I found out that in dasa-mode, the serial port has to be
specified with -dlpt. So I tried:
address@hidden:~$ uisp -dprog=dasa -dlpt=/dev/ttyS1 -v=4 -dpart=ATmega16
Reset inactive time (t_reset) 1000 us
AVR Direct Parallel Access failed after 32 retries.
Override signature bytes, device ATmega16 assumed.
Vendor Code: 0x1e
Part Family: 0x94
Part Number: 0x03
Atmel AVR ATmega16 is found.
Page Write Enabled, size=128
FLASH Write Delay (t_wd_flash): 12500 us
EEPROM Write Delay (t_wd_eeprom): 25000 us

Why does the direct access fail? I set ttyS1 to 777, so everyone should
have access. Another strange thing is, that uisp "finds" every device I
specify, although it isn't connected. There must be something wrong..
Any idea?

Greets,

Alexander Wieder