uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] mac os x and usb to serial adapter

From: Simon Tinguely
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] mac os x and usb to serial adapter
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:11:36 +0200

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers !

This is probably the exact adapter I'm having trouble with. Picture:
http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage.pl?http://www.elfa.se/elfa/ produkter/en/6121.htm

Yes, it is that one.

This is a sample command you might want to look at:

/usr/local/bin/uisp -dprog=avr910 -dserial=/dev/cu.usbserial0 -dpart=auto --erase --upload --verify if=rom.hex

You might want to change -dprog if you don't have that kind of external hardware. /dev/cu.usbserial0 is the default location of the serial port. Check out this:

/usr/local/bin/uisp

This command is probably the right one, but I realized that my programmer was not supported by uisp, so I must buy another one. I have a "SI-prog" which works with ponyprog. But it seems that it's not possible to install ponyprog on mac os x, and I can't get it work under Virtual PC with my adapter.

My problem with this adapter is that I have to reinsert it between every programming. When programming from AVR Studio in Virtual PC though, it works! And the usb-serial adapter is NOT taken over by VPC at the USB level, but only at the serial port level (COM1 is redirected to /dev/cu.usbserial0).

I tried to do that, but it doesn't work with ponyprog...

Do you think I should change my programmer? Do you know which one I have to buy to be sure that it works with atmega8535?

Thanks a lot!

Simon