uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] uisp on mac?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] uisp on mac?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:59:48 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

>   hello;
>
> I am trying to use a Atmel AVR ISP device to program a atmega8 from a
> Mac OS-X system. I have a Keyspan HighSpeed  USB serial adapter plugged in
> and it shows up as /dev/tty.USA19H181P1.1
>
> I would figure the command line to upload a file test1.rom  would be
>
> uisp -v=4 -part=atmega8 -dprog=avrisp -dserial=/dev/tty.USA19H181P1.1
> -dspeed=115200  --erase --upload --verify if=test1.rom

If your programmer is this one:

  http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2726

Then you need to use -dprog=stk500.

> but I get
>
> /dev/parport0: No such file or directory
> Failed to open ppdev.

Uisp thinks that avrisp is a parallel programmer along the lines of the
stk200 dongle.

> why does it think that the avrisp is a parallel device and or what am
> I doing wrong?

Your not doing anything wrong (except maybe using the wrong -dprog
option).

The avrisp option was added to uisp as a parallel programmer before
Atmel started selling the AVRISP product. The naming is unfortunately
confusing.

Ted Roth