uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] STK500 / Atmel AVRISP query.

From: Victoria Welch
Subject: [Uisp-dev] STK500 / Atmel AVRISP query.
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:41:10 -0700

Hello Uros!

  First off, thanks VERY much for your efforts with uisp and for
sharing it!

  I have a problem with my motherboard (Sis chipset) and programming
through the parallel port with either the dapa or stk200/300 under
linux with them.  Strangely they work flawlessly under windoz (well
the Sample cable (same as dapa, different pinout) and stk200/300)
:-(.

  I am, as you can imaging, getting rather tired of doing my stuff
with avr-gcc under linux and booting windoz to program chips :-/.

  My question is related to the Atmel AVRISP:

http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Atmel/Web%20Photos/ATAVRISP.jpg

http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Atmel/Web%20Data/ATAVRISP%20Flyer.pdf

I have been told that this is a "stand alone stk500 programming
section".  I am a bit confused on this issue and wonder if you can
tell me if uisp supports this programmer?  In case it is important
I am using 2313s, Mega8Ls, Mega103s and Mega323s.  I'm desperate
enough to actually purchase a serial programmer :-(.

Thanks VERY much for any help you can be in this matter, your
efforts are greatly appreciated!

Take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7, SysAdmin, Embedded Systems Designer.
"Walking on water and developing software to specification